The 2018-2019 Step Up To College Guide
The Step Up to College Guide provides Philadelphia high school students, families and youth-serving professionals with a wide range of critical college information and resources — from understanding college admission options, to writing application essays, from conquering the FAFSA to making the right college “fit” decision. This year, 42,000 copies of Step Up to College will be distributed to public, public charter and parochial high school in Philadelphia, the Free Library of Philadelphia, government offices and community-based organizations. The Guide is available without cost to eliminate any barriers to access.
Features of the 29th edition of Step Up to College include:
- a step-by-step approach to becoming college-ready and college-bound;
- robust, up-to-date resources and information on the college application and financial aid processes;
- highlights from five higher education graduates whose decision to go to college changed the trajectory of their lives;
- reflections from six recent Philadelphia high school graduates on what made their college choice the right "fit;" and
- easy-to-follow, grade-specific checklists and hands-on activities.
The Free Step Up to College Mobile App
Interactive features of the mobile app include:
- a “fit” form to help students qualitatively and quantitatively compare schools’ academic, social and financial fit;
- the ability to record responded to questions asked on college visits;
- tools to help brainstorm, write and proofread college essays;
- a college cost calculator that allows students to analyze and compare financial aid offers; and
- the ability to track each step of the college admissions process.