The 2016-2017 Step Up To College Guide
The Step Up to College Guide provides Philadelphia high school students, families and youth-serving professionals with a wide range of critical college information and resources - from understanding college admission options, to writing application essays, from conquering the FAFSA to making the right college "fit" decision. This year, 42,000 copies of Step Up to College will be distributed to public, public charter and parochial high school in Philadelphia, the Free Library of Philadelphia, government offices and community-based organizations. The Guide is available without cost to eliminate any barriers to access.
Features of the 27th edition of Step Up to College include:
- a new easy-to-navigate magazine format;
- reflections from Philadelphia high school graduates on why college was the right choice for them;
- expanded offerings on understanding options for college and finding the right "fit;"
- the seven stategies for conquering the FAFSA; and
- the ever-popular, grade-specific checklists and hands-on activities.
Introducing the New Step Up to College Mobile App
Philadelphia Futures has launched a new mobile app to provide students, families and youth-serving professionals with enriched access to key components of the print edition of the Step Up to College Guide whenever and wherever needed.
Interactive features of the mobile app include:
- a "fit" form to help students qualitatively and quantitatively compare schools' academic, social and financial fit;
- the ability to record responded to questions asked on college visits;
- tools to help brainstorm, write and proofread college essays;
- a college cost calculator that allows students to analyze and compare financial aid offers; and
- the ability to track each step of the college admissions process.
With this new app, Philadelphia Futures is truly meeting students where they are.